Wednesday 11 February 2009

"A Long Way Down," Nick Hornby.


Alright, so I've thought this through. And to be honest, still haven't arrived at an answer.
I was going to start out saying "If you're suicidal, don't read this book". Basically cause that's the topic it talks about. But then I figured, might be rather good to read that others also don't see a point in living, and that you're not the only one there.
But then, that might just make things worse for you, right?
That's the place where I am now. Uncertain about whether to advise it to any manic depressed person, or not.

I figure, if you really like Hornby's style: British humor, referring to first person, a story seen through the eyes of four characters, then just go on and read it, depressed or not.
And if you don't.. Well.. Give it a try anyways, it might you surprise you, mightn't it?

Personally, I really liked it. I'm even less cringe-y about swear words at the moment, cause he uses them quite frequently. And I'm using more British terms right now, too. Bloke, mental.
But then, I'm a tosser, aren't I? xD

xxx
The Gypsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment